Outpatient Program Illinois
Humans have a natural tendency towards indulging behaviors that trigger the reward center in our brain. Over our lifetime, we become addicted to a lot of things, without even knowing it, including good food, video games, sports, shopping and many other things. But none of these activities cause as many damages to one’s physique and mind as drug addiction does. New Hope Recovery treats drug addiction as one of the worst mental diseases in nowadays’ modern societies because that’s precisely what it is.
And the outpatient program in Illinois has been built to deal with the problem once and for all. The problem is that drug abuse is still a sensitive matter, even after so many campaigns of informing the public and despite the continuous efforts to contain its damages.
As shown by the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), in 2014:
- 10% of the American people have admitted to using illicit drugs; that’s around 27 million individuals
- During the same year, 22.7 million people were showing signs of drug use disorder and required urgent treatment; only about 11% of them received it
- Over 4 million people have ended up in the emergency room in the US hospitals, due to a drug overdose, drug-related accidents and so on
- Cocaine use has declined between 2003 and 2014 by nearly 40%; the number of cocaine addicts is still enormous, though, counting about 1.5 or more individuals
- Approximately 85% of the drug addicts relapse soon after completing the rehabilitation treatment
This shows that the outpatient program in Illinois is not only needed but essential.
Multiple solutions for a multi-layered problem
So, what are the benefits of an outpatient rehab program? The outpatient program has been developed to cope with the individuals whose state is not as severe as those who require intensive care. It is either a valid option for people who have graduated the inpatient drug rehab program or for those who have never needed it in the first place.
However, the patient’s situation will remain volatile nonetheless, and it is probably even more volatile than that of an addict participating in an inpatient program. At least the latter doesn’t have the freedom to relapse.
For this reason, the outpatient treatment has to consider:
- The relations between the patient and those around him – The psychologists will try to rehabilitate the individual’s relationships with his family and friends; they will be the ones who will fuel his recovery in the end
- The job prospects – Helping the individual to become functional and independent once more is the key to erasing the malign social effects of drug addiction
- The mental stability – It is paramount to ensure the patient’s mental health since depression and anxiety can be incredibly debilitating and may trigger and fuel the addictive behavior
- Minimizing the risk of relapse – This is the ultimate goal of every outpatient program in Illinois for understandable reasons.
At New Hope Recovery, we have developed a rehabilitation system built on efficiency, quality and years of expertise in the field, with the sole goal of saving people’s lives. And this is what motivates us in our quest to finding perfection.Outpatient Program Illinois
Subscribe To Our News Feed