As 2013 comes to a close, we wanted to review our most popular articles during the year. In reviewing the most viewed articles, four major themes emerge as the top concerns and focus of our readers during this year.
It is clear that many people are interested in determining if they or a loved one suffers from addiction. Several of our most-read articles dealt with warning signs for various potential addictions.
Heroin, Heroin, Heroin
If there was one prominent addiction theme during 2013, it was definitely heroin. Heroin received both local and nationwide focus. Its availability and low price seemed to put it at the forefront for many addiction treatment centers. Sadly, too many lives were lost due to heroin use this past year, including Cory Monteith from Glee. Many Chicago-area counties have seen a large increase in the number of heroin/opiate related deaths. Several of our most reviewed articles dealt with heroin. In addition to the Heroin Abuse Warning Signs mentioned above, these two articles were also very popular:
Parents Concern for Their Children
Another area that received the many readers involved articles written for parents about their children's addiction. The number of late teens and early twenties in treatment has been drastically increasing in recent years. The following were our most popular articles geared toward parents:
- Helicopter Parenting – Recipe for Alcohol or Drug Addiction?
- Student Drug Abuse Warning Signs
- Addiction and Family Acceptance as a Step Toward Healing
- Alcohol or Drug Addiction? Healthy Boundaries for Parents
- 5 Steps for Successful Transition Back to College After Rehab
The final area of our most-read articles dealt with LGBTQI issues and concerns:
- Crystal Meth and Gay Men – What You Need to Know
- Lesbians Seeking Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- LGBT Adult Children of Alcoholics – A Cause for Concern
- Best Addiction Treatment Facilities for LGBT
- Addiction and the LGBTQI Community – Socializing and Sobriety
All of us at New Hope Recovery Center wish you a Healthy and Happy New Year. We are looking forward to 2014 and will continue to provide helpful articles on current issues and concerns seen by us and our clients and their families. You can reach New Hope Recovery Center at 888-707-HOPE (4673), or email@example.com.
Written by: New Hope Recovery Center
Subscribe To Our News Feed