Information collected by Abbey Haroldson Director of Finance & Administration at New Hope Recovery Center
Driving Under the Influence (DUI) is a serious crime. Although awareness about DUI’s are becoming more prevalent, DUI’s are still occurring at a high rates. The most recent data available from the Illinois Secretary of State is through 2011 and is as follows:
7 Interesting Facts related to DUI
- Males ages 21-24 have the highest DUI arrest rate (almost 5 times greater than that of all other drivers arrested for DUI.)
- Average Cost of a DUI conviction: $16,580 – (this does not include potential medical costs or compensatory damages costs)
- Nurses & Physicians are required and protected by law to provide blood/urine tests results to law enforcement if a person seeks emergency medical treatment as a result of a motor vehicle crash
- In 1958 the .15 BAC limit was established. In 1967 the BAC limit lowered from .15 to .10 (The BAC was not lowered to .08 until 30 years later, which is the limit in place today).
- 85% of all drivers arrested for DUI are first offenders
- First time DUI offenders are required to have a Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device installed in his/her vehicle in Illinois and 31 other states in the US.
- If a person is caught driving their car with a suspended license – they will have to forfeit their car to the state.
Be a Drunkbuster and make $100!
Report Drunk Driving and get $100 statewide in Illinois during the holidays. If you live in DuPage, Kane, McHenry, Lake or Will Counties, the program runs year long! For more information on the Alliance Against Intoxicated Motorists (AAIM), visit their website: http://www.aaim1.org/drunkbusters.asp!
Amount of DUI Arrests in Illinois:
Already been charged with a DUI?
For more information please visit the Illinois Secretary of State’s website: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/drivers/traffic_safety/DUI/home.html
Subscribe To Our News Feed
Join Our Mailing List
Search Our Site
News / Addiction Journal
- New Cross Addiction Men’s Group Starting May 1, 2017
- New Hope Announces Recovery Meeting for Healing Professionals
- New Gay and Bisexual Men’s Cross Addiction Therapy Group
- The Who, What, Why, Where and How of Starting a Private Practice Therapy Business
- Two Weekly Refuge Recovery Meetings in Chicago